Advertisement

Lizzo Is Making a Shapewear Collection Designed for All Body Types

Singer Lizzo has teamed up with Kate Hudson’s athletic apparel company Fabletics to launch Yitty, a shapewear line designed for all body types. The first collection will be available on April 12 and will include bodysuits, smoothing shorts, tanks, unitards, and more, per Forbes.

“I have spent the entirety of my life trying to change the way that I look or reshape my body,” Lizzo told the outlet. “As if I had to inflict some sort of pain upon it to fit into an archetype or a standard of beauty. I’ve been wearing shapewear—tight-pinching corsets and underwear bottoms—for a very long time, since I was in fifth or sixth grade. It was really painful, and I really felt that it shouldn’t be this way. We shouldn’t be ashamed of our bodies, and we shouldn’t have to wear these contraptions to feel beautiful.”

“I have been very involved in the design of every style,” she added. “I see every fabric, I pick every color, I’ve tried on every piece a ton of times throughout the design and fitting process.”

As for the name, it has a special meaning to the singer. “Yitty is a nickname my auntie gave me when I was young,”  the “Juice” hitmaker explained. “She was a full-figured woman and one of the coolest people ever with bold, beautiful energy. I wanted that energy in this brand.”

Instagram content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

The pieces come in nude tones designed to be worn as undergarments and in bold colors and prints meant to be seen, and they aren’t merely “scaled up” in larger sizes. The collection ranges from XS to 6X. “Instead of thinking about size in this linear way, we’re thinking about it on a spectrum where everyone is included,” Lizzo said, per Yahoo! “Everyone’s size is just their size. It’s not high, it’s not low. It’s not big, it’s not small. It’s just your size.” 



Lizzo Is Making a Shapewear Collection Designed for All Body Types
Pinas Flash Report

Post a Comment

0 Comments