Advertisement

Anne Hathaway Gets Real About Pregnancy and Why It’s Not ‘All Positive’

Anne Hathaway is ready to talk about the mixed bag that is pregnancy and parenthood.

“There’s this tendency to portray getting pregnant, having kids, in one light, as if it’s all positive,” the WeCrashed star said in a new interview with WSJ Magazine, per People. “But I know from my own experience…it’s so much more complicated than that. When you find out that your pain is shared by others…I just feel that’s helpful information to have, so I’m not isolated in my pain.”

“I mean, what is there to be ashamed of?” the actor added. “This is grief, and that’s a part of life.” Hathaway also opened up to the magazine about how becoming a mother changed her mindset, revealing that she “didn’t feel fully landed and fully here until I was a mom.”

“It’s not like I was lacking integrity, but it made me want to be completely, on every level, true to my word,” Hathaway said. “And that meant stopping any nonsense that I had going on inside myself. And it’s little breaks that you give yourself sometimes when you know that you’re not being your best self.”

Instagram content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

Anne Hathaway and husband Adam Schulman have two sons, and while the actor says she could see them adding a third, it’s, well, complicated! Hathaway previously alluded to her difficult journey to motherhood in an Instagram post from July 2019, in which she revealed that she was pregnant with her younger son and wrote, “⁣All kidding aside, for everyone going through infertility and conception hell, please know it was not a straight line to either of my pregnancies. Sending you extra love 💕.”

At work, at least, things are a bit more straightforward. Hathaway recently appeared on Kelly Clarkson’s talk show and wiped the floor with the singer during a song-recognizing competition, even beating Clarkson to the punch on her own song “Since U Been Gone.”

Content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

Life tip: Never challenge Anne Hathaway to a goofy game. She will take it seriously, and she will wreck you.




Anne Hathaway Gets Real About Pregnancy and Why It’s Not ‘All Positive’
Pinas Flash Report

Post a Comment

0 Comments