Advertisement

For Ana de Armas, Less Is Always More

Shopping inside an airport is usually not something most people remember. But for Ana de Armas, there was one particular experience on her way home to Havana that she’ll never forget. “I was 19 years old, at the airport in Madrid, and thought I should get a facial moisturizer because it’s a very long flight home.” That little jar of moisturizing cream came from Estée Lauder. And now, nearly 15 years later, de Armas is two years into her her role as one of the company’s global brand ambassadors. “Who would have thought this was going to happen?” she says with a sense of irony and delight. 

One look at the 33-year-old and it’s easy to see why. Not only is the No Time to Die actor gorgeous, but she’s genuinely a fan of the brand. On her must-have list is the best-selling Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme+ and Youth Power Creme “because it’s a multitasking cream since sometimes I don’t have time for all the steps,” she says over Zoom from L.A. “It’s lifting, hydrating, firming, and has a boost of collagen, plus the texture is amazing.” She says she uses it mainly at night and pairs it with another Estée Lauder favorite, the Advanced Night Repair Serum.

Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme+ Youth Power Creme Moisturizer

$95

Estée Lauder

So what else does de Armas love as part of her minimalist skin-care and beauty routine? For Glamour’s Big Beauty Questions, she tells us the beauty “rules” she swears by, what she always applies to her lips, and the essential part of her day she won’t skip.

Glamour: What is one beauty trend you are obsessed with right now?

Ana de Armas: Attention to beauty. Everyone has a tutorial. Everyone has a video. Everyone wants to share their way to apply something or their tricks. It’s amazing. I don’t think I knew as much as I know now, like how important it is to take care of your skin. I hope it’s not too late. 

Is there a beauty rule that you think is B.S.?

I’m not a big fan of contouring. I skip that. Sometimes it feels like too much. With social media and all these filters, people associate that with trying to match that in real life. Sometimes I like to be a less-is-more kind of person.

What is the best beauty advice you’ve ever received?

Stay out of the sun. I’ve been hearing that since I can remember. Obviously, Cuba is a very tropical and sunny place. My mom was always saying to stay out of the sun. And then of course later on I understood why. I think it’s probably the most important thing we can do.

Fill in the blank: “I love my hair when….”

I love my hair when I wash it at night. I go to bed with it a little wet, and then in the morning it just feels really clean. 

What city or country gives you the greatest beauty inspiration?



For Ana de Armas, Less Is Always More
Pinas Flash Report

Post a Comment

0 Comments