Advertisement

The Viral KVD Good Apple Foundation is Getting a Matching Concealer

Last spring, KVD Beauty Good Apple Foundation Balm had TikTok shook, and the brand is set to do it again with the foundation’s first-ever sister product. The Foundation Balm went insanely viral thanks to its extreme high coverage, but because of the balmy formula, it still looked natural and smooth on the skin. Not only did the product’s TikTok hashtag garner over 29 million views and earn the stamp of approval from users like Glamzilla and Mikayla Nogueira, celebs like Kourtney Kardashian and Avril Lavigne are also fans. 

TikTok content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

TikTok content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

TikTok content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

Now, the brand is giving the foundation a matching concealer the new KVD Good Apple Lightweight Full-Coverage Concealer, which launches officially on February 1. The concealer takes everything that makes the foundation so special, but is in an even more concentrated formula, perfect for spot concealing. It has the same lightweight yet high-coverage formula as the OG, and is intended to have “extreme long-wear staying power” thanks to the brand’s use of InterLace Pigments. 

It’s also enriched with the same skin-care goodness as the foundation—including antioxidant-rich apple extract and raspberry stem cells—to get that smooth canvas and to keep skin looking juicy like an apple all day long. The doe-foot applicator is shaped to resemble a finger, in order to get the most natural-looking blend on both under eyes and blemishes. The concealer comes in 32 shades, with a range of undertones including yellow, pink, and copper. 

Seeing as how much of a hit the foundation was, the new concealer has a lot to live up to, so we put it to the test. We had five Glamour staffers test out the concealer before the launch. Read on for our honest thoughts. 

Ru Wolle, associate editor 

Courtesy of subject 

I’m not one who goes for full coverage day to day, but the KVD Beauty concealer does not budge, which is very impressive.  The formula is one that blends out well and has amazing coverage that lasts all day, and most importantly, it’s vegan and cruelty free. I wear shade Deep 31 which has a deep nutmeg color and a warm undertone. The con is that it does crease a bit,  and I find it really oxidizes, meaning that it changes color once it’s on the skin. Because of that, definitely swatch a few on in the store before buying or order a couple shades lighter if you’re online.  However, I love the thicker consistency, and that it’s pretty controlled.

Talia Abbas, commerce editor 

Courtesy of subject

Full disclosure: I have never tried anything from KVD before so I didn’t think this full coverage concealer would be as full coverage as it is but… wow. I was shook when I first applied it directly onto my under eyes. (Spoiler: Not a pretty look.) Because I don’t wear any foundation, I decided to dilute the amount product by applying it first onto my hand and then using a Beautyblender to dab it under my eyes. I don’t think I’ll be using this concealer for everyday since it is *really* pigmented for my minimal tastes, but I think anyone who loves a full face of makeup will want to have this in their repertoire.

Ariana Yaptangco, senior beauty editor 

Courtesy 

As a full-coverage gal, I’m very impressed with the heavy-duty formula, which covers spots seamlessly but still manages to be lightweight and non-cakey. A little goes a long way, and I can see how the formula might be able to crease if you apply too much, so use a light hand during application and build your coverage where necessary. I use a brush to apply my concealer usually, but I found that using the pads of my ring finger was actually better, since the heat from my hands helped warm up the product and let it melt into skin. 

Cortni Spearman, social media manager 

Courtesy of subject 

Let me just start off by saying I love KVD products. I’m not a huge concealer girl as I usually just rely on a spot corrector and foundation to cover my acne scars, but more recently I’ve been experimenting with concealers for a lighter no-makeup-makeup look. This concealer is def a winner. It glides on smooth, does not crack or crease over time (which is key for me!), and has a very good amount of coverage. I’ve been putting it on my under eyes, blending it out, and finishing up with a bit of powder for a simple on the go look. No foundation needed.

Bella Cacciatore, beauty writer 

Courtesy of subject 

If super natural coverage is what you’re into, you may want to look otherwise, because this stuff is full-on. I actually love a lot of coverage (and need it to cover my insomnia-induced dark circles), and even though this concealer basically knocked out any sign of a restless night, it didn’t look fake or heavy. I didn’t find the formula heavy or drying, however I like a little glow to my under eyes so I made sure to load up on a pearly eye cream (shout out to Banana Bright) before application, and it glided right on with no creasing throughout the night. I did have to adjust my application a little bit—I usually let my concealer sit for about a minute and get tacky before blending, but this dries fast, so I had to work quickly. I also loved the pointed doe-foot wand, it’s perfect for getting in any nooks and crannies or precise spot concealing. The shades I had were all a little too peachy to realistically cover one of my many pimples (thought it was perfect for brightening dark circles), but based on the coverage and finish, I think it would do an incredible job. 

Bella Cacciatore is the beauty writer at Glamour. Follow her on Instagram @bellacacciatore_. 



The Viral KVD Good Apple Foundation is Getting a Matching Concealer
Pinas Flash Report

Post a Comment

0 Comments