Advertisement

Alicia Yoon Drops Her Skin-Care Routine

Alicia Yoon knows her stuff. Chatting with the Peach & Lily founder and trained esthetician is like a master class, and I leave our 45-minute call feeling like I’m ready to give my skin-care routine a complete overhaul. This knowledge comes naturally to Yoon, who’s been in the skin-care game for over 20 years—she got her esthetician license in high school and was the go-to beauty expert for friends in college. In 2012 she founded Peach & Lily, one of the first online retailers to bring K-beauty to the U.S. before it was readily available at Amazon and Target. She also launched Peach & Lily’s namesake skin-care brand, as well as its sister brand Peach Slices, which is available at a drugstore price point. 

Yoon lets Korean skin-care philosophies guide both her product formulation and her personal routine. “Having sensitive skin, and being an esthetician and seeing a lot of people with sensitive skin, and also growing up around the Korean skin-care philosophy, I always believe in working with your skin,” she tells Glamour. “Our skin has incredible things that it already knows how to do. Give your skin that support and the boost that it needs, but you don’t need to do so much that you’re disrupting things and then there’s more harm than benefit. Being respectful of skin doesn’t need to only be gentle, per se. Meaning, I use acids, and acids are not inherently gentle. But it’s really working with your skin and understanding how to incorporate it.”

This idea of balance and checking in with your skin is essential to Yoon’s routine, especially as her skin has recently changed postpartum. “Being aware of what your skin needs to stay in that happy, balanced place, that comes with being very observant of your skin,” she says. “I really swear by taking just two minutes a day to analyze your skin.” From there, Yoon will treat herself as her own client, taking the time to curate a specialized routine for what her skin needs that day. 

The one constant, however, is her severe eczema, so she’s always cognizant of not setting it off further. “It’s so annoying,” she says. “But I just put it in perspective, because this is nothing compared to what it used to be growing up. I always embrace the hope that skin transformation is possible. That’s first and foremost. Because for a very long time in my life, when I didn’t know how to manage my flare-ups, I almost accepted: This is just how it is—your skin is your skin. When I learned how to care for your skin, your skin histology, what your skin needs, I really learned you can transform your skin.

“I always keep that in mind,” she continues. “Whenever there’s a bad reaction or something happens, I always just keep that perspective. Especially during pregnancy I was getting really intense hyperpigmentation and breakouts, and really sensitized skin. Even through all this, skin transformation is possible.” 

Below, Yoon drops her routine. Read on for the movie-star-approved mist, glowy sheet masks, and instant eye serum she swears by. 

Instagram content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

My cleansers

I start with double cleansing in my evening routine. I’ll sometimes do it in the morning as well, if I’ve used a heavy oil at night. For the oil cleansing step, lately I’m using the Augustinus Bader Cleansing Balm. If I don’t have any makeup on and I only have mineral SPF on, which is almost every day, I really like the Joelle Ciocco Sunscreen Cleanser. I’m on my second bottle of this. I got a facial from her when I was in Paris right before the pandemic, and I really loved it. It’s really helpful for removing stubborn SPF, and it doesn’t strip your skin. 



Alicia Yoon Drops Her Skin-Care Routine
Pinas Flash Report

Post a Comment

0 Comments