Advertisement

Leighton Meester Is Coming to How I Met Your Father, and We Can’t Wait

Added Duff, “I’ve been incredibly lucky in my career to play some wonderful characters and I’m looking forward to taking on the role of Sophie. As a huge fan of How I Met Your Mother, I’m honored and even a little nervous that Carter and Craig would trust me with the sequel of their baby. Isaac and Elizabeth are brilliant, and I can’t wait to work alongside them and all of their genius. Just fangirling over here getting to join the Hulu Originals and 20th families. I realize these are big shoes to fill and I’m excited to slip my 6½’s in there.”

Here’s everything we know about the show:

The premiere date. January 18, 2022. 

The cast. As any fan knows, the friend group is an incredibly important part of any sitcom, and HIMYF has been cast! On August 10, TVLine reported that Francia Raisa (Grown-ish), Tom Ainsley (The Royals), Tien Tran (Space Force), and Suraj Sharma (God Friended Me) would fill out the main cast, alongside the previously announced Chris Lowell. 

On November 5, news broke that Kim Cattrall will play the older version of Hilary Duff’s Sophie in several episodes. 

On August 18, Hilary Duff posted her first photo from the HIMYF set. “Who’s ready for us??? We may or may not have been sitting in front of a certain someone’s apartment,” Duff captioned the snap on Instagram.

Instagram content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

And now we have a trailer! On December 16, Hulu debuted the first trailer for HIMYF, featuring Cattrall narrating as Duff’s Sophie gets up to all sorts of shenanigans. “I’ve been on 87 Tinder dates this year,” 2022 Sophie shares with a level of exasperation that is deeply relatable. Check it out:

Content

This content can also be viewed on the site it originates from.

One of our absolute faves made a surprise appearance in the pilot. After the first HIMYF episode dropped, we noticed a ton of HIMYM Easter eggs and callbacks. But one titillating tidbit that’s unconnected to the original series was the blink-and-you’ll-miss-it appearance of Leighton Meester as Jesse’s ex/bandmate when we see the viral video of his failed proposal. And yes, Meester, a.k.a. Meredith, will be coming back. In an interview with The Wrap, Lowell revealed, “She definitely has a wonderful role on the show…. I don’t know how much we’re allowed to talk about. I can say that all of us got excited to have her around and working with her was an absolute joy. She’s awesome.”



Leighton Meester Is Coming to How I Met Your Father, and We Can’t Wait
Pinas Flash Report

Post a Comment

0 Comments